Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back tracking to fill in the gaps!!

29 August 2007
Windows live messenger and skype, & Technorati

MSN
Later ..... VERY much later, I have now 'done' the MSN thing. No comment.

And even later again ... Skype, skype, skype - no comment!!! I have installed it but the test call didn't happen, they didn't want to talk to me, or replay my test message. I can't see myself using this, I am self contained, I have no desire to peer into another users filing cabinet like peeking through their windows.

Technorati?
Yeah right!! Tehnorati tour? sorry, it didn't happen! and as requested I searched and got ... "No results for learning 2.0 from http://technorati.com/weblog/ There are no posts that contain that text." Now what? I sort of explored technorati popular blog, searches and tags and no I didn't find anything interesting or surprising.

Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the future of libraries:
Still reading the perspectives on this, to be continued ... ... later has been and gone.
I have read a few of the perspectives now and I am none the wiser or more interested really.
In the article To a temporary place in time... On the way to the library experience of the future Dr. Wendy Schultz states: "This too shall pass: The ongoing Library 2.0 debate frames library renewal within the current trends transforming our information infrastructure. But those trends themselves will evolve, even mutate, under pressure from emerging change."
What???? Agayne this is knot is plane inglush eh?
Oh what fun it is to be such a raving cynic, I rather think of it as being a realist.

1 comment:

Ozzie said...

Hi Mam, Just catching up with other people's blogs! You've done very well! Your typical cynical viewpoint always makes me chuckle!